Accessibility Statement for gerireid.com
This statement applies to content published on gerireid.com.
This website is maintained by Geri Reid, director of design consultancy Geri Reid Ltd. I want as many people as possible to be able to use my website. You should be able to:
- zoom in up to 300% without problems
- navigate the website using just a keyboard
- navigate the website using speech recognition software
- navigate the website using a screen reader
How accessible is this website
Parts of this website are not fully accessible. For example:
- Some pages are not written in plain English. The work I do is technical and described using technical terms. I test website copy and attempt to achieve the best possible Flesch Reading Ease score. I do my best but it is sometimes hard to describe technical things using plain English.
- Videos of my talks come from external conferences and do not always have subtitles and closed captions. I provide the transcript where possible and always display the video on a page that describes the content of the talk.
- I am a designer and a self-taught coder. I appreciate I don't always code things in the most technically accessible way. If you spot anything I could improve or have suggestions, please get in touch.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. WCAG defines three levels of compliance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. gerireid.com aims for conformance with WCAG 2.1 level AA.
Feedback and contact information
If you have problems accessing content on my website please contact me. I value your feedback to help me improve. I aim to reply in two working days.
By email: email@example.com
By post at my registered company address:
Geri Reid Ltd
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 27 July 2023.